1 a database containing an ordered array of items (names or topics) [syn: list]
- Rhymes: -ɪstɪŋ
- asking, as a price of
- What is this house's listing price?
- present participle of list.
- The action of the verb to list.
- An entry in a list or
- Aardvaark Plumbing is the first listing in Yellow Pages.
- A printout of a
program or data set.
- Print me a listing of the latest version.
- A physical manifestation of a single item in a list; as a
single twenty page (bound) listing.
- Please pass me the second listing for the two story house, from that stack.
Listing may refer to:
- the mathematician Johann Benedict Listing
- a computer code listing, see listing (computer)
- in corporate finance, the company's shares being on the list (or board) of stocks that are officially traded on a stock exchange, see listing (finance)
- the gerund of the verb "to list" as used in nautical matters.
- designation as a listed building (official recognition of special cultural, architectural, or historical importance) in the United Kingdom.
- a term in US real estate referring to obtaining a written contract with a seller of a property, land, or a business to represent him/her.
aslant, aslope, atilt, bevel, beveled, bias, biased, booking, canted, canting, careening, cataloging, chronicling, contour plowing, cultivating, cultivation, culture, dressing, enlistment, enrollment, entering, entry, fallowing, filing, furrowing, harrowing, heeling, hoeing, ill-balanced, impanelment, inclinational, inclinatory, inclined, inclining, indexing, inscribing, inscription, insertion, inventorying, itemization, leaning, logging, lopsided, matriculation, off-balance, out of plumb, out of square, overbalanced, pitched, plowing, posting, pruning, raking, record keeping, recordation, recording, recumbent, register, registration, registry, shelving, shelvy, sideling, sidelong, slant, slanted, slanting, slantways, slantwise, sloped, sloping, tabulation, thinning, tilling, tilted, tilting, tipped, tipping, tipsy, top-heavy, unbalanced, unstable, unsteady, weeding, working